The 10th International Seminar & Conference on
Advances in Resistance Welding and Mechanical Joining
12-14th September 2018, Esslingen, Germany
Inventions and innovative developments have enabled new possibilities for joining challenging materials such as aluminum alloys, copper alloys, and advanced high-strength steels by welding, joining, and adhesive technologies.
Resistance welding remains one of the most efficient and competitive joining technologies in automotive, aerospace, electrical, and other industries. While mechanical joining (SPR and clinching) are also finding increasing applications, especially for joining dissimilar materials.
In order to keep current with technologies available in the field of resistance welding and mechanical joining, a biennial series of international seminars and conferences have been conducted by SWANTEC since 2000 in collaborations with various co-organizing partners, and held alternatively in Europe, North America, and Asia.
The 10th international seminar and conference is organized by SWANTEC and Hochschule Esslingen – University of Applied Sciences on 12-14th September, 2018 in Esslingen, Germany.
To bring up the latest innovations and developments on industrial applications of resistance welding, mechanical joining, and adhesive technologies.
Topics & Subject
- State of the art in welding and joining, and a look into Industry 4.0
- Advances in self-pierce riveting (SPR) and clinching
- Advanced high strength steels, aluminium alloys, dissimilar materials, and coating
- Copper alloys and electronic materials, complex joints
- Computer simulation, artificial intelligence, and other technologies
- Machines, tooling, methods for monitoring, and controls
- Electrode materials, tip dressing, and tooling techniques
- New joining processes, hybrid joining processes, joining with adhesives
Proceedings of all lectures will be written in English and distributed to participants at the seminar. Presentations will be presented in English during the event.