We are dedicated to secure that our customers get the most out of their usage of SORPAS simulations and optimizations, and that potential customers make good use of our services and pick the right software package for their purpose. Therefore, we offer different types of training.
Open workshop for all
We organize an open Workshop on SORPAS®, normally in May each year, to demonstrate the general functions and applications and also present the latest developments of SORPAS® software systems .
The standard training workshop takes two days with the following program:
The first day
1) Fundamentals of resistance welding and mechanical joining
2) Fundamentals of numerical simulation and development of SORPAS®
3) The software system and functions of SORPAS® 2D welding & joining
4) How to work with SORPAS® 2D welding & joining
5) Hands-on exercises with the own welding/joining problems prepared by users
The second day
1) The industrial applications of SORPAS® 3D welding & testing
2) The software system and functions of SORPAS® 3D welding & testing
3) How to work with SORPAS® 3D welding & testing
4) Hands-on exercises with the own welding problems prepared by the users
Training for Customers
All new users of SORPAS® are recommended to take a training course on the fundamentals and applications of the software including some hands-on exercises to help the users to quickly start working with welding simulations and optimizations. The content of the training course depends on the software package and the applications that the customer would like to focus on.
The full training course for both SORPAS® 2D and 3D normally takes two days. If the user has practical experiences on resistance welding and some knowledge of numerical simulations with the finite element method (FEM), the training course may be shortened to an intensive one-day program, or half a day for 2D only.
Online Training via WebEx
We also offer online training via WebEx to save time and traveling of customers. It may be arranged in 2 sessions with 2 hours in the morning and 2 hours in the afternoon. The WebEex solution makes it possible to share content from both the customer’s screen and our screen.
Brush up or New users
We also provide training to existing customers for their new employees and for updating of latest developments of SORPAS. The content of the training can be decided based on the needs of the customer. The training can take place at our office, at the customer’s office, or via WebEx.
The training courses and meetings can be arranged either directly by SWANTEC or through our authorized distributors. Please contact us or our distributors about the cost and schedule of an on-site training course at the customer premises.