25th September 2023, issue 2
We may update this Policy from time to time. If we do, we will let you know, either by notifying you on www.swantec.com or by sending you an email.
We are a software and engineering team with focus on developing and supplying simulation software to the welding industry. We provide software licenses and engineering solutions in welding simulations and optimizations. We cooperate with companies, research institutes and universities all over the world.
We collect the following types of personal information to respond to your inquiries and provide consultation: Company name, address, country, personal name, email, contact number, type of inquiry, subject, content, notes, computer information given to us by you, user name, password, license information, and any materials handed to us by you.
We may ask this information if you contact us, sign up to newsletters, create a support ticket, submit a contact form on our website.
We may monitor your interaction with us, meaning your usage of the website, communication, browser usage, IP-address etc.
We collect and use personal information to provide customized services to our customers and prospects.
We collect and use personal information to process customers’ and prospects’ questions and requests by confirming their identification or to notify customers and prospects about services that we can offer or have improved or changed.
When you interact with us by email, website, or phone, we log information as mentioned under “What we collect and receive” and use it to communicate with you about software deliveries, our company, our services, our events, products, product updates, and news about us, our distributors, and topics related to the welding industry.
We use the information we collect for the following purposes:
- To keep your account secure and maintain our Services.
- To enable us to provide you with updates of our services.
- To create and administrate your account and to contact you.
We never sell your information to other parties of any kind.
If you are located in Europe we don’t share your information with any other company.
If you are located outside Europe, we share your information with our distributors. The information about existing distributors are always available at our website: www.swantec.com/contact-us.
If you do not want our company to hold your personal information, you may request that we delete it at any time.
Though some of the information may have legal reasons to be stored anyway, such as below:
- Performing the contract with your company: As an example, as long as you run a license on your computer we store information about you and your computer in order to secure functionality.
- Legal compliances: Sometimes the law requires us to keep information, as an example invoices, payment etc.
- Legitimate interests: This is a technical term in data protection law which essentially means we have a good a fair reason to use your data, and we do so in ways which do not hurt to your interest and rights. We sometimes require your data to pursue our legitimate interests in a way that might reasonably be expected as part of running our business and that does not materially impact your rights, freedom or interests.
- We store the information as long as we have a commercial interest in your information or until you ask specifically to be removed.
You can request a full transcript of the information we have on you. You can also request a deletion of your information. Please use the contact form on our website or send email to us in order to start this process.
We keep email communication to a minimum and give you the ability to Opt Out to any marketing communication we send.