Strength testing of welds and joints is very important for evaluation of the weld quality. When the tests are made in the lab, it can be both time-consuming and difficult to determine exactly what causes a low strength.
In SORPAS® you can make quick simulations of your welds and joints with SORPAS® 2D.welding and 2D.joining, and now you can even import these simulation results into SORPAS® 3D.testing with the add-on module of SORPAS® 2D3D.link.
Note that SORPAS® 3D.welding and 3D.testing can be incorporated, so the import is automatic and doesn’t need this conversion.
Further more, from 3D.testing you can export results to your Crash test software!
The process for 2D3D.link
The process of using 2D3D.link to create strength testing in SORPAS® 3D.testing is very simple.
- You create your welding/joining simulation in SORPAS® 2D.welding or 2D.joining
- The 2D3D.link imports the 2D results and converts them into a 3D simulation model
- The converted 3D simulation model is connected to strength test coupons in SORPAS® 3D.testing
- From here you now do your strength test simulations
Benefits of SORPAS® 2D3D.link
First of all it is a question of increasing efficiency and productivity. When you are able to import the results of your 2D resistance welding and mechanical joining simulations directly into the SORPAS® 3D.testing, it saves a lot of time when doing strength testing.
This means that you are now able to conduct many more tests within reasonably short time. If you use the Excel Batch Add-On for SORPAS® 2D first to create multiple simulations, then you can easily import these tests into SORPAS® 3D.testing.
- Save time when conducting strength testing
- Benefit from all quick functions of simulation and optimization in SORPAS® 2D
- Increase productivity by combining with Excel Batch Add-On to conduct many more strength tests
- Easy to work with many strength tests and export the welding and strength test results into for example Abaqus from SORPAS® 3D.testing