Strength testing of welds and joints is very important for evaluation of the weld quality. When the tests are made in the lab, it can be both time-consuming and difficult to determine exactly what causes a low strength.
In SORPAS® you can make quick simulations of your welds and joints with SORPAS® 2D.welding and 2D.joining, and now you can even import these 2D simulation results into SORPAS® 3D.testing with the add-on module of SORPAS® 2D3D.link.
The process for 2D3D.link
The process of using 2D3D.link to create strength testing in SORPAS® 3D.testing is very simple.
- You create your welding/joining simulation in SORPAS® 2D.welding or 2D.joining
- The 2D3D.link imports the 2D results and converts them into a 3D simulation model
- The converted 3D simulation model is connected to strength test coupons in SORPAS® 3D.testing
- From here you now do your strength test simulations
Benefits of SORPAS® 2D3D.link
First of all it is a question of increasing efficiency and productivity. When you are able to import the results of your 2D resistance welding and mechanical joining simulations directly into the SORPAS® 3D.testing, it saves a lot of time when doing strength testing.
This means that you are now able to conduct many more tests within reasonably short time. If you use the Excel Batch Add-On for SORPAS® 2D first to create multiple simulations, then you can easily import these tests into SORPAS® 3D.testing.
- Save time when conducting strength testing
- Benefit from all quick functions of simulation and optimization in SORPAS® 2D
- Increase productivity by combining with Excel Batch Add-On to conduct many more strength tests
- Easy to work with many strength tests and export the welding and strength test results into for example Abaqus from SORPAS® 3D.testing