SORPAS® is a professional welding software specialized for welding simulations and more beneficially for Smart Welding Optimizations to help people in industry quickly solve welding problems and effectively improve production stability and weld quality consistency.
SORPAS® has intelligently integrated numerical modeling techniques (finite element modeling FEM/FEA) with deeply learned industrial welding expertise. This has made SORPAS® a powerful yet practical tool directly useful for industrial applications with many smart functions for simulations and optimizations of resistance welding and mechanical joining processes.
The core values of the SORPAS® software are in the following:
- Understanding the real problems and challenges facing the industry
- Deep-learning the welding reality and intelligence of welding experts
- Providing new technology to support daily welding work in industry
SORPAS® can be easily learned and used by engineers in industry to quickly solve their welding and joining problems. No prior knowledge of numerical simulation is needed to learn and use the software.
The SORPAS system – focus on Welding and Joining
- SORPAS® 2D.welding – for resistance welding
- SORPAS® 3D.welding – for resistance welding
- SORPAS® 3D.testing – for strength testing
- SORPAS® 2D.joining – for mechanical joining
- SORPAS® 2D.hybrid – for combined processes
The add-on modules
Ensure before weldingTM
Most welding problems can be rooted to a lack of optimization in the design and planning before welding production.
Finding the Process Window of good parameters is the key to weld planning, process control and production maintenance for the best weld quality.
Process Optimization and Excel Batch Planning are the mostly used functions of SORPAS to predict the process window for improving weld quality, increasing production stability, and reducing expulsion (splash, spatter).
The competence of SORPAS®
- Spot welding
- Projection welding
- Fusing / Hot staking
- Riveting, SPR, and clinching
- Weld/joint strength testing
- Save costs
- Reduce time to market
- Speed up production commissioning
- Increase production stability
- Improve weld quality
- Facilitate innovation
- Modernize technology by digitalization
- Material database
- Workpiece database (product designs)
- Electrode database (electrode designs)
- Welding machine database
- Weld schedule database
- Process planning/Optimizing approaches
- Weld/Joint strength testing templates