The 10th International Seminar & Conference on
Advances in Resistance Welding and Mechanical Joining
12-14th September, 2018, Esslingen, Germany
SWANTEC Software and Engineering ApS, Denmark
Hochschule Esslingen-University of Applied Sciences, Germany
Inventions and innovative developments have enabled new possibilities for joining challenging materials such as aluminum alloys and advanced high-strength steels with welding, joining, and adhesive technologies.
Resistance welding remains one of the most efficient and competitive joining technologies in automotive, aerospace, electrical, white goods, and other industries, while mechanical joining (SPR and clinching) also find increasing applications possibilities especially for joining dissimilar materials.
In order to keep up to date with technologies available in the field of resistance welding and mechanical joining, a biennial series of international seminars on Advances in Resistance Welding have been conducted by SWANTEC in collaborations with various partners since 2000 and held in Europe, North America, and Asia.
The 10th seminar and conference is organized by SWANTEC and Hochschule Esslingen-University of Applied Sciences on 12-14th September 2018 in Esslingen, Germany.
To bring forward the latest innovations and developments in industrial applications of resistance welding, mechanical joining, and adhesive technologies.
To provide an opportunity for industrialists and specialists in resistance welding to share their expertise and experiences at an international level.
Topics and subjects
- State of the art in welding and joining and a look into Industry 4.0
- Advances in self-pierce riveting (SPR) and clinching
- Advanced high strength steels, aluminium alloys, dissimilar materials, and coating
- Copper alloys and electronic materials, complex joints
- Computer simulation, artificial intelligence, and other technologies
- Machines, tooling, methods for monitoring, and controls
- Electrode materials, tip dressing, and tooling techniques
- New joining processes, hybrid joining processes, joining with adhesives
Proceedings of all lectures will be written in English and distributed to participants at the seminar. Presentations will be presented in English during the event.