18-20 September 2024, Shanghai, China
The rapid development and production of electric vehicles (EVs) are reshaping the automotive industry with a massive transformation to E-mobility. The transition to E-mobility has increased the welding and joining of battery cells, modules and packs, as well as electric motors and power electronics. The need for reducing CO2 emissions and improving vehicle performance has stimulated the production of lightweight designs by joining higher-strength steels, aluminum alloys, die-cast aluminum, and dissimilar materials.
These trends require new developments and production of more advanced materials with higher strength-to-weight ratios, which also have complicated the welding and joining processes requiring more intelligent welding process optimizations and sophisticated weld quality assurance.
To keep up to date with technology advancements in the field of resistance welding and mechanical joining, and to provide an opportunity for industrialists and welding specialists to share their expertise, experiences and outlooks at an international level, a series of biennial international seminars has been organized by SWANTEC since 2000 in collaborations with various co-organizing partners alternatively in Europe, North America and Asia.
Well-known experts and welding professionals from leading companies and institutes worldwide are invited to present their latest inventions and developments related to resistance welding and mechanical joining technologies and applications.
All are welcome to join the conference.
• E-Mobility transformations and challenges in welding and joining.
• Light-weight designs and assemblies with AHSS, die-casting aluminum, dissimilar materials.
• Welding and joining of battery cells, modules and packs.
• Welding and joining of powertrain and power electronics.
• Digitalization of welding with simulations, digital twins and AI.
• Welding process monitoring and weld quality inspections.
• Welding equipment, machines, and adaptive controls.
• Electrode materials, tip dressing, and tooling techniques.
• New joining processes and hybrid joining processes.
Deadline for submission of title and abstract: – 31 March 2024
Deadline for submission of full paper (8-12 pages): – 31 July 2024
All papers and presentations will be in English.
History of the conference
- 1st October 2000 Copenhagen, Denmark
- 2nd November 2002 Aachen, Germany
- 3rd November 2004 Berlin, Germany
- 4th November 2006 Wels, Austria
- 5th September 2008 Toronto, Canada
- 6th September 2010 Hamburg, Germany
- 7th September 2012 Busan, Korea
- 8th September 2014 Baveno, Italy
- 9th April 2016 Miami, USA
- 10th September 2018 Esslingen, Germany